M.Tech., (Computer Science and Engineering)
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering established offers a Master Degree Program from the year 2012 under the affiliation of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. The department of CSE has highly qualified faculty members with a great motivation and eagerness to learn new and emerging concepts. The department is well equipped with latest configuration systems and software tools to satisfy the syllabus and to get knowledge to compete with the emerging technology and to solve real time problem.
The department has organized conferences, workshop, Faculty development program, periodic talk on emerging trends from industry personal. Our student visit Industry to get themselves exposed to real world and to have an idea about the needs of the society. Our students take up internship and projects in industries. Many of our students are placed well in reputed companies and serving the societal needs.
- The course aims at imparting knowledge to the students on the fundamental principles of Computer Science
- It is designed to provide in-depth knowledge of Computer and its applications to meet the requirement of the state of art of the software industry. To build ethically strong and socially responsible citizens
- To conduct research in the relevant fields and to further advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge
- To impart up to date technical knowledge and skills and produce well-qualified engineers in areas of Computer Science and Engineering, who will make qualitative difference in this field.
- To inculcate the professional responsibilities to play leadership role along with their diverse career paths and develop capability to utilize engineering skills in industry.
- Educational objectives is to make valuable contributions to design, development and production in the practice of computer science and related engineering or application areas, particularly in network systems, cloud computing and algorithmic methods etc.,
M.Tech., (VLSI Design and Embedded Systems)
The M. Tech program in VLSI and Embedded Systems will cover the fundamentals and engineering aspects of designing and developing IC-based systems. Traditionally, VLSI technology has emerged out as a successful collaboration of two streams: Material Science and Electrical Engineering.
Private firms offer plenty of job opportunities for candidates who have completed post graduation in VLSI than that in government sector firms. Aspirants can start their career as Application Consultants, Field Application Engineer and Design Engineer in various firms.
- Employability in the core industry, public sector or multinational Companies, in the domain of Semiconductor Technology, ASIC Design and Verification, Embedded Systems- Hardware and Software Development.
- Pursuing higher education in technologies related to VLSI and Embedded Systems at reputed institutes leading towards contributions.
- lifelong learning and inter-person communication skills resulting in leading diverse teams, with ethical and social behavior.
- Applying the knowledge in the areas of science, mathematics, and engineering principles for developing problem solving attitude.
- Identifying and formulating to solve engineering problems in the areas like System Design using VLSI and Embedded Platforms and tools, Semiconductor Technologies, Applications in Signal Processing, Machine Vision and Communication Networks.
- Use different software tools in the domain of VLSI and Embedded Systems Design, Analysis and Verification such as Design entry, Synthesis, Functional and Timing Simulation, Floor planning, Place and route, Layout editors, RTL schematic, MATLAB.
- Design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, programming skills for development of simulation experiments.
- Function as a member of a multidisciplinary team with sense of ethics, integrity and social responsibility.
- VLSI Technology
- Embedded System
- Signal Processing
- Machine Learning
Department of Master of Business Administration
MBA (Dual Specialization – HR, Marketing and Finance) (VTU affiliated)
The department is affiliated by VTU and offers dual specialization to students. The objective
is to nurture and transform students to highly skilled, knowledgeable leaders to take on forth global challenges. Also, provide opportunities to students without any discrimination for their exponential growth of personality, character, education and empowerment through quality education. The programme focuses on analytical, business and computing skills matching with the industry demands. The department also offers internships, mini and major projects in collaboration with the industry. Thus, students graduate with critical skills, experimental learning as business leaders and growing entrepreneurs.
Our emphasis on technology and business sets us apart. The curriculum revolves around the
role of technology in business, and the ways technology can improve business processes in all kinds of industries. From new ‘e-commerce’ ventures to more traditional manufacturing and consumer services the intelligent use of technology is making the difference for success
of organisations. The MBA programme of SEACET will help the students to develop a keen understanding of general business and management principles.
Career Scope of MA Kannada
Masters in Kannada is likely to open up various lucrative job opportunities for the students in fields like academia, publishing, educational industry, journalism, language specialisation and translation. One can even opt for high studies or apply at state government agencies after clearing state exams. Let’s look at some specific job profiles that you can go for after completing your MA!
Voice – over artists
Programme Educational Objectives
To teach the latest developments in the principles of economic theory.
To equip students with tools of econometrics for applied economic research.
To teach applications of theories in analyzing current economic problems.
To impart a firsthand experience of how professional economists function in various government, semi-government and corporate organizations through the summer internship programme and Term Papers.
Upon successful completion of the programme the post-graduate would be able to:
Take a rigorous, quantitative approach to economic problems.
Build and test economic models, using sophisticated economics tools.
Advance professionally and to compete for well-paying jobs across a broad spectrum of industries and sectors.
Enroll in a doctoral program.
The M.A. in Economics is a two-year full-time programme with Electives that will be offered in the 2nd year where students can specialize in their area of interest.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Microeconomic Theory, Introductory Mathematical Economics, Macroeconomic Theory, Econometric Methods, Markets, Institutions and Economic Growth, Economic Development & Policy in India. Specialization Electives can be offered across areas such as Agriculture Economics, International Economics, Monetary Economics, Environmental Economics, and Developmental Economics.
The various career avenues after MA Economics are in the field of Teaching, Indian Economic Service (IES), working as an economist, economic advisor or econometrician in various colleges and universities, government sector banks and other financial institutions, financial services and consultancy firms in the corporate sector.
MA Journalism & Mass Communication
a) Program's mission & objectives
The program endevours to develop professionals who have strong theoretical and industry orientation which enables them to critically and ethically analyze the environment, which enable them to become socially responsible journalists, and natives.
Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of media industry with along with practical and theoretical concepts of Journalism & Mass Communication Students will identify, define and investigate information and ideas related to issues and opportunities in Journalism & Mass Communication Students will be able to explore information and use digital literacy in capturing information from various media sources and develop innovative solutions
Students will be able to think critically, creatively, and demonstrate curiosity to discover new horizons in Journalism & Mass Communication Students will be able to speak proficiently, clearly & effectively while presenting the concepts and their diversifications in Journalism & Mass Communication Students will be able to demonstrate imitativeness & enthusiasm while working in ADDOE/PPR/205: M.A. (Journalism & Mass Communication) collaborative teams in successful implementation of concepts in Journalism & Mass Communication
Students will be able to understand the global media issues & recognize the opportunity and challenges that they present while operating in different cultures. Students will understand and practice the highest standards of ethical behavior in their professional and personal life. They also acknowledge and appreciate the importance of diversity in their personal life.
Students will be able to think creatively & evaluate the opportunities available from the creative environment of Journalism and Mass Communication to identify career or develop their own ventures.
Students will be capable to create continuous learning environment for engaging themselves to update with new knowledge in Journalism and Mass Communication.
b) Relevance of the program with HEI's Mission and Goals:
To provide education at all levels in all disciplines of modern times and in the futuristic and emerging frontier areas of knowledge, learning & research and to develop the overall personality of students by making them not only excellent professionals but also good individuals, with understanding and regards for human values, pride in their heritage and culture, a sense of right and wrong and yearning for perfection and imbibe attributes of courage of conviction and action.
a) PROGRAMME MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
To Develop the Post Graduates in Computer Science with strong knowledge of theoretical Computer Science discipline who can be employed in Research and Development (R&D) units of Industries and Academic institutions.
To provide advanced and in-depth knowledge of computer science and its applications To prepare Post Graduates who will achieve peer-recognition; as an individual or in a team through demonstration of good analytical, design and implementation skills.
To enable students pursue a professional career in Information and Communication Technology in related industry, business and research.
To impact professional knowledge and practical skills to the students.
b) RELEVANCE OF THE PROGRAMME WITH HEI'S MISSION AND GOALS
In parallel with technological advances in today's world of education activities can be conducted without the constraints of time and space. One of the most important of these activities is distance education. The M.Sc. Computer Science programme through Distance Mode of Periyar University is offered by the Directorate of Distance Education (PRIDE) The Directorate of Distance Education of the University has a team of well qualified and experienced teachers. They are available for academic counseling, guidance and help. Thus the introduction of M.Sc. Computer Science Programme in the Directorate of Distance Education will contribute substantially in fulfilling the mission of Periyar University.