Vision of the Department:
To be the centre of excellence in the focused areas of computer science and engineering by providing an intellectually stimulating environment for the assimilation of knowledge and to educate students to their fullest potential so as to serve the public through outreach and professional activities as a continuous basis.
Educational objectives is to make valuable contributions to design,development and production in the practice of computer science and related engineering or application areas, particularly in network systems, cloud computing and algorithmic methods etc.,
Stream – Computer Science & Engineering :
To provide an opportunity to pursue M.Tech(CSE) for students residing in and around east part of Bangalore and to spread IT literacy among rural masses.
To prepare the graduates with recent and advanced subjects in CSE. To engage in professional development & to pursue Ph.D degree or flexible career paths amid future technological changes.
Year of Starting:
Eligibility for Admission:
Minimum 50% aggregate in BE and eligibility as per the merit list prepared based on GATE or PGCET ranks.
Duration & Mode of Study: 2 Years -4 Semesters (Full Time)
The course is affiliated to VTU.The curriculum includes the following recent technical subjects:Advances in Operating System,Cloud Computing,Advances in Database Management Systems , Multicore Architecture and Programming,Advances in Storage Area Networks,Advances in Computer Graphics,Advances in Operating System Laboratory,Managing Big Data, Advances in Computer Networks,Web Services,Information Network Security,Advanced Algorithms both theory and Lab.
Teaching and Assessment Methods:
The students are regularly taught by using teaching aids like LCD projectors and are continuously assessed by conducting internal tests and seminars. R& D Center provides the best facility to both teachers and students during their teaching and learning process.
Infrastructure / Facilities of Department:
New PG block is constructed in the year(2013-14) having corporate ambience and class rooms are equipped with LCD projectors.R&D Lab and regular PG lab classes are equipped with higher end PCs, Printer and Internet facilities.
Specialization in theoretical computer science includes fields such as artificial intelligence,Big data,graph theory etc., focused on the theoretical aspects.Wireless communication,Ad-Hoc networks,Mobile Computing,Cloud Computing are some other interested areas in Computer science and engineering to do research.
Achievements and Events:
- R & D center(CSE) started in the year 2014-15.
- Our faculty members and M.Tech(CSE) students have published their technical papers in various international journals and also in International/National conferences.
- A trend is developed to publish research papers in International journals under the guidance of eminent faculty Dr.B.R.Prasad Babu, Professor and HOD, PG Department, CSE.
- The faculties of our department are encouraged to update their knowledge by sending them frequently to attend various workshops/conferences.
- Mrs.Sathiya Priya S, faculty of CSE had attended “Workshop on Multicore Architecture, Multithreading & Programming” conducted under VTU banner during 21st-25th August 2014.